“There is a difference between being healthy and simply not having a disease or illness. Western medicine is excellent at recognizing disease or illness and treating it, but it is not always good at recognizing the root or beginnings of illness.
In my practice, I integrate Western and complementary medicine. The two approaches act synergistically to give me a more complete view of my patients’ health and an expanded array of tools to bolster the body’s capacity for healing. I draw from a wide range of therapies, such as acupuncture, Chinese herbs, and nutritional counseling to help your pet achieve a state of well-being.” – Dr. Randy Bowman
Our Veterinary Acupuncture Program
Our Veterinary Acupuncture Program is housed in Winnie’s Center, a calming, spa-like facility on our lower level. The program is led by Dr. Randy Bowman, a staff veterinarian who is certified through the International Veterinary Acupuncture Society.
Veterinary Acupuncture may provide you with more options for:
- Relieving pain and improving mobility in pets with musculoskeletal problems such as arthritis or spinal disk pathology
- Managing chronic respiratory problems, such as feline asthma or chronic bronchitis
- Resolving recurring skin problems such as lick granuloma and hot spots
- Supporting cancer treatment by boosting the immune system, stimulating the appetite, and controlling pain
- Enhancing the body’s ability to heal and regulate itself in animals with inflammatory conditions, such as inflammatory bowel diseases and Feline Lower Urinary Tract Disease, and where symptoms like chronic diarrhea or vomiting occur without obvious medical cause
- Enhancing the well-being of senior cats and dogs
Schedule An Appointment
To make an appointment for an acupuncture consultation with Dr. Bowman, call our appointment line at 415-563-6700.